Who will Patricia bring in as Offensive Coordinator?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Rusty Hilger, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Any theories?

Guesses?
  2. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Think Cooter stays.
    K-Dawg likes this.
  3. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Fuck these coordinators. That's all we hire. Schwartz. Marinelli. We need a damn experienced HEAD COACH, a proven winner. Herman Edwards, Cowher, Harbaugh, fuck man I'm sick of putting in people without a system and having to learn on the job. Any good HEAD CAOCHES available, preferably one with a lot of playoff experience? What the fuck Patricia? Give me a break
  4. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards?
  5. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I meant Dungy. My bad. He's probably old though.
  6. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

Jesus def, do you conduct your head coaching searches with a shovel?
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Yea, we really don't have a very good history hiring coordinators.

Mornhinweg, Marinelli, Schwartz.
  8. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

Marinelli wasn't a DC until he went to Dallas.

Isn't he with AZ State now?

Rex Ryan?
  9. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

lol! I think John Madden and Jimmy Johnson are available.
  10. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Wasn't Caldwell a proven winner with head coaching experience?

Let's face it, it's the Lions. Experienced head coach, journeyman coordinator, position coach, water boy...it doesn't matter...Detroit is where a head coaching career goes to die.

Matt Patricia, I recommend renting over buying...
  11. goldenlions International Playboy

I agree with badnews, I think Cooter stays at least until Patricia gets his feet wet. If he succeed, he stays and we all get what we want, a good offense.

Although, I would prefer we just start fresh, but not sure how much Patricia's inner circle includes any offensive minded guys he trusted, maybe a position coach with the Pats or something. Who knows how much guys talk to each other.
  12. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Cooter is staying fellas
  13. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I would put it at 60/40 Cooter staying. Still wouldn't be surprised if he brings in his own guy. Hopefully Patricia looks at the tape and sees Cooter's shortcomings as a play caller and can help him out.
  14. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

I don't mind if Cooter stays but they either need to get with the program and find out how to fix the running game, or force Cooter to be more pass first oriented. Our strength is the passing game and to even think about trying to be balanced with our garbage run game is pathetic. The Saints can do it because they actually have a running game.
  15. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Darell Bevell just got fired, things might have gotten interesting.
  16. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

17. Vic Turner Just Sayin

If we are considering a coordinator stay with Austin.

At least he will build a great D.

I dislike Cooter...he's offense is gimmicky and predictable. Run on first diwn...Screen on 2nd...third and long and punt

What about players? Wasn't that the biggest issue this season?
  18. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

You know he's already gone, right?
  19. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Maybe its been Pat Shurmur all along?

Is weird, because no report of the interview with Wilks now that he’s free and if Vrabel was their top guy, could have hired him already.
  20. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Kind of odd how King just drops that line in there. Doesn't even say, "a source tells me" or "I'm hearing..." Seems fishy to me.
  21. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Possibly. I think Peter King is an absolute moron. But I think he’s right with Mara family.

Who also could be planting this trying to put pressure on.
  22. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

Well, assuming Patricia doesn't take the Giants job, I'm hearing his O-coordinator would likely be the guy calling plays for Nick Saban in Alabama.
  23. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Daboll.
  24. K-Dawg Big Dawg Is Here!

I'm going to throw these out there and throw some fuel onto the fire of this Giants rumor.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...ng-detroit-lions-head-coach-interview-process

Without posting full article, because it's not needed, here's the key points.

(Breer is Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated)

Right in the middle of that prediction, Breer let loose a very important piece of information. According to Breer, Cooter and Patricia met each other at some point during the interviewing process. If that’s true, that’s a big sign that both Patricia may be the Lions’ guy, and that Cooter will be sticking around.

But here’s the key: Considering Patricia also interviewed with the Giants on the same day, it’s likely that the Lions met the Patriots defensive coordinator in (or around) New England. If Breer’s report is accurate, that means that the Lions brought Cooter with them to the interview—an almost certain indication that Detroit plans on keeping their offensive coordinator around.

So here's the kicker....I do believe the Giants and Lions met Patricia in New England, because going from Boston, to Jersey, to Detroit, and still being at practice is A LOT of travel to do in one day. So I do think both teams met him in Boston. So Cooter was brought along for the ride, because the two did meet. That being said, Quin brought Cooter to meet with Patricia to see if the two could work together.

What if Patricia likes the Giants job better, because he has full control over the staff, versus the Lions, where he's being saddled with an OC he may not want?
  25. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Patricia is also from NY and has a tight relationship with Belichick who has an affinity for Giants too. A lot at play there.

I’m not sure they’re forcing Cooter on Patricia as much as suggesting and seeing if they’d be on same page.