Tion Green

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by def, Jan 1, 2018.

1. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

I'd have no problem putting Tion in the Abdullah role next year, with Riddick. He showed flashes. I think if he gets more PT he could be a find.
  2. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

He's no George Winn.
  3. moridin Member

No reason not to keep him around. He is a low draft pick who is cheap. But, if that is Quinn's plan for the RB going into next season, it will be another season of futility and Quinn will be sliding toward that failure line.
  4. TheDane Well-Known Member

Every year Lions fans are content with trying to make the running game work with guys who MIGHT suck less than the guys they MIGHT replace. Last year I said if we cut ZZ and Washington, no one would pick them up. No one had to, we were content to keep them. It's just amazing how we keep finding guys that can't make it anywhere else in the NFL and then celebrate our good luck.
  5. goldenlions International Playboy

Having a “good RB” without good schemes and Oline to run block is like trying to cook a turkey with an easy bake oven.
  6. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

He might make the team and replace Zenner
  7. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Good point. But similar running styles. Tion is my new Winn, who was my new Aaron Brown, who never got a chance. A Brown was 4.4 speed, we need a guy like that now.

And HBlue - I hope so.
  8. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

I like Tion. Has good vision, runs strong, but is slow as fuck. His running style reminds me of Joique Bell
  9. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I can see that, although I think Joique was a little quicker to the hole.
  10. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Joique was definitely more decisive. Green obviously doesn’t have a lot of experience, but not sure the ceiling is high.
  11. def 2006 Money Ball Champion!

Trade up to get Barkley? Rashard Penny?
  12. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

I think Tion Green showed enough that he can take DeWayne Washington and Zach Zenner's spot, as far as who is the lead back next year it will be up to the next HC as I think the current staff gave up on Abdullah but that a new staff might want to give him a chance, I think what ever the decision on Abdullah that they need to grab a RB in the draft not that it needs to be early but just considering the average career of RBs refreshing talent at the position every few years is a good idea and its been a few since Abdullah and Riddick were acquired.

Also lets not let Riddick off the hook either I found his performance as a receiving back disappointing considering what he has done in the past.
  13. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

This guy is our new Aveon Cason.

So of course all of the Redzone numb nuts are all swinging from his dick.