Sony Michel

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by Liongeezer, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

The more film I watch on this guy, the more I like what I see. He was a monster versus Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. I estimate his long speed at right around 4.45 to 4.5 in the 40-yard, according to film. He has great vision, good hands, power, size, and lateral quickness. Media has him rated below Nick Chubb, but I think Michel may be better than Chubb due to better hands and long speed.

Needless to say both Michel and Chubb create a lot of yardage on their own. Michel will not make it to pick 52 if he runs a 4.5 40-yard dash.
  2. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

I’d be happy with either one.
  3. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a ton of Georgia games this year but every time I've seen them I come away more impressed with Michel than Chubb (including last night). He just looks so much more explosive. I don't think Chubb has looked the same since the knee injury a couple years ago.
  4. Honolulublue4life Fan for life

Watched the game last night, Michel looked pretty dern good, Georgia should have kept trying to run the ball with him near the end.
  5. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Chubb was an absolute freak coming out of high school, too. He does seem to have lost a little, still really like him though.