Jimmy Garoppolo vs Stafford - $$$

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by tepod2001, Feb 8, 2018.

1. tepod2001 Active Member

Jimmy G after 7 starts gets $137.5 million for 5 years with $74 million guaranteed

Stafford gets $135 million for 5 years with $94 million guaranteed

Expectations are that Cousins and ARod's contracts are going to blow by both Stafford and Garappolo (7 games) contracts

How is Stafford's contract looking now?
  2. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Was a matter of time, the way it works in NFL now.
  3. goldenlions International Playboy

Pre-higher contract..."Stafford should carry this team, he is making too much money to go 9-7, Quinn was a moron!!!!!"
    After higher contract...business as usual, that's the league.
  4. tepod2001 Active Member

5. goldenlions International Playboy

What kind of drugs are in the San Fran bay?
  6. bigdogchris One-trick pony pwner.

This is correct. At first I was mad about Stafford but after listening to some stuff on the radio and looking at the next year, I realize it's just the way the NFL is. QB's get paid regardless, and Jimmy G is an example of that.

The 49ers willingness to pays also goes to show you how teams value QB's in the league and how desperate they are to have one. Stafford is not perfect but would you rather be in the 49ers shoes or the Browns shoes right now? Even teams like the Bears that drafted QB's recently high in the draft, you have no idea what they are going to be.

After spending the past year thinking about this I'm happy we have Stafford.
  7. goldenlions International Playboy

I didn't freak out about Stafford, mainly because the Lions are not strapped for cash and that I knew that 5-6 guys might get deals in the next year and Stafford was setting the benchmark. If Stafford has a banner next year, he would have probably command 30+ per year.