Jamaal Agnew

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions Blitz' started by TheDane, Feb 8, 2018.

1. TheDane Well-Known Member

Drafted as a special teams ace but also as a CB. He did play some as a slot CB for us, but not enough for a real look IMO. In the final game vs GB he had 5 of his 10 tackles on the season. Is he a guy that can be moved into the nickle or dime full time? 29" arms and unreal closing speed, is this our guy?
  2. Huntermsu Mr. Negativity

If he is as good as he seemed early as a return man is there a risk of sacrificing that by using him on defense?
  3. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

Value as a slot CB would be much higher.
  4. Liongeezer Ornery Old Fart

It would not surprise me if he became our starting outside RCB. He is 5' 10" 190 with 4.35 40 speed. With that size and speed, he physically matches up well with number 2 WRs throughout the league.
  5. TheDane Well-Known Member

Sandman...
  6. Blaming Barry Well-Known Member

Watching that video makes me think they didn't use him enough. It also makes me think he's a Jahvid Best concussion waiting to happen given how fast and fearless he is. So perhaps that's why they reigned him in a little.
  7. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

I'd almost like to see them use him more on offense.

He's a lot like Tarik Cohen.
  8. TheDane Well-Known Member

From what I saw on his O chances, it appears that once they get their RB in this draft, Washington and ZZ are gone. You get a few plays at RB and lined up at WR, jet sweeps, etc, from Agnew and you have your depth. No one is likely to pick up either of those guys so you put them on the Avieon Cason couch to wait for a call if needed. I would like to get a better look at his actual CB play at this point though.
  9. badnews3123 Well-Known Member

The end of the year they ran some nice stuff with him. Used him in play action from slot, faked jet sweep and swung a quick pass to Tate after shifting the D. Gives them another weapon to keep the defense on their toes.
  10. Rusty Hilger VP, Wrist Cutter's Club

LOL @ Avieon Cason couch